Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three Things Thursday

I've been doing some bike shopping

It seems very likely that Santa is going to bring me a shiny new road bike. Yeah, the weather sucks for biking this time of year, but that's what trainers are for, right? Plus, there's some decent sales right now which will probably go away come spring time. I also really need to start getting some time on the bike. That's the part of the triathlon I'm the most nervous about right now, and it's purely because I haven't biked in months (aside from a stationary recumbent bike which really only counts as cardio, not as biking.)


My husband isn't a big fan of my new running skirts

That's not to say that he hates them. Just that he finds them "too school girlish". The plaid one, I can see that, but the other one?

I've been married to the man for five years and I didn't know he had a problem with school girls. There's always new things to learn about your partner. ;) For the record, I still like them and will still be wearing them.


I'm debating a name change for my blog

To be honest, it's not so much "if" as it is "when". When I started up my blog, it was going to be about my journey from obese to healthy. It was going to be all about me shrinking. I don't think I really saw an end to that.

Now, it's much more. Even while I continue to shrink, it's not the main thing that defines me or my blog. Plus, the time is coming when I will no longer be trying to shrink.

How did you choose the name for your blog? Have you ever changed it? Do you think the name will grow with you?

4 comments:

  1. Ha! my hubs LOVES all my running skirts, but especially my school girl plaid ones. :) too funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, my husband loves all things school girlish, including running skirts. Sorry that yours doesn't:(
    I didn't start my blog until I finally had a name I really liked and had a story behind it. Take your time and come up with a title you can live with for a long time.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby likes my running skirt but I rarely wear it because I hate how the shorts ride up!

    That's awesome that you are bike shopping! Have you narrowed it down at all?

    Blog name change- I also had a hard time deciding on a name for my blog. Even thought I do triathlons and had a hard time considering myself a "runner" until recently, I like having a title that is a noun instead of a phrase.
    I know that over time my blog will evolve, just like I will but I like consistency so I probably won't change the title! I might change the tag line. It's sorta like WB and name changes!! Just confuses people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there is anything wrong with changing your blog name! I've changed mine a few times over the course of time. I think if you allow yourself to change your title, it opens the door for you to allow yourself to discuss other things! Like you said, losing the weight is not the main thing that defines you or your blog, so no reason to let the name be decieving either.

    ReplyDelete