Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new name, The same focus

So, after debating a name change for months, I've finally done it. For the time being, I'm keeping my url. After all, I just topped the 100 follower mark, and I don't want anyone misdirected and going to the wrong place.

It's been a long time since the primary focus of my blog has been shrinking, so "Deb Shrinks" just wasn't working anymore. I've changed the name to "Deb Tris". If you do triathlons, you probably have figured it out, but if anyone is confused, the "tris" rhymes with "buys". It does not rhyme with "kiss".

I say it's the same focus, because I think that's been my real focus for close to half a year. Truthfully, I've even noticed my readership changing. Some of you know me in real life and love me and read my blog because of that. The online community I belong to isn't the same one it was when I started. I used to be immersed in the weight loss blogosphere, but I've largely moved over to the running and tri blogospheres.

Yesterday, my husband came home from work and I headed out the door for a run. Just a short 3km jaunt. I've heard lots of complaining about the time change. I have kids who haven't totally adjusted to it, so I get it. Having said that, I love the fact that there is now daylight in the evening that I can make use of. This time of the year, it's dark at the time in the morning when I could run regardless, so I'm taking advantage of some of this evening light.

5 comments:

  1. I am just starting out on the "tris" as well. Are you going to do any races leading up to your ironman, like sprints or olympics? What type of training plan ar eyou using......these are questions I have for myself.....Keep up the great work, your blog and success looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy!! We have like the same exact story. Mother of two, Start weight, 244. Goal, Ironman! Now I am down 57 pounds and have done 3 tri's and half marathon and more! Anyways, enough about me. Nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are added to my blogroll so that I can continue to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now if I could just figure out how to update your blog name in my google reader!!

    I like the new name!!

    Also happy with the extra daylight in the evening! I didn't have to wear my headlamp last night! Woot!

    ReplyDelete