Friday, April 1, 2011

A big move

This past winter has been hard on me. I won't deny it. It seemed like one of the worst ones we've had and the unrelenting cold days really got to me. There's another reason that it probably was harder to deal with. One that I couldn't really discuss right away.

The fact that it may be the last one.

We're moving!

My husband's work has an office in San Mateo and he's been offered a position there. Never heard of San Mateo? Neither had I. It's quite close to San Francisco and in a very different climate then Cochrane, Alberta.

It wasn't a decision we made lightly, but now that it's made we're going full steam ahead. He's going down there for a business trip in a couple weeks, which will also be a house hunting trip. We have our own house to put on the market, so I've been doing some serious decluttering and we're getting rid of all the baby stuff.

I expect this Canadian girl and family to be fully transplanted by the end of July.

Right in the middle of summer. It figures...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh. What an adventure it'll be.

    Congrats to your Husband on the new position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww!!!!!! I'm happy for you and your fam...but sad. I can't believe it! No Banff tri? Boooo....aND yayyy for nicer weather.... Ugh! Conflicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way??? That is awesome!! Congrats to your hubby on the new position.
    That is a huge decision but I am sure you will be very happy come next winter when we are all freezing up here and you are running in shorts and a t-shirt!!

    Sad to hear that you will be missing some of the races that you had planned. I am sure there will be lots you can do near San Mateo though!!

    ReplyDelete