Saturday, June 4, 2011

A good time was had by all!

Despite chilly weather, Spud had a blast doing his triathlon. He led the pack in the 4 year old swim across the pool. He persevered on the bike, despite being really cold. He killed the run and finished strong! He LOVED the running part of it. Though, really, I think his favourite part was getting a number on his arm and getting a medal.

I had the time of my life. I had a strong swim, slightly confusing transitions, a great bike, and a superb run. In fact, remember my attempt to beat the 30 minute mark on a 5k? Back in December, I had a frustrating race, that ended up with "sort of" beating the 30 minute mark, only because the course was short. Today, my run split on the 5k was 27:36, beating that milestone by about 2.5 minutes - at the end of a triathlon.

More to come when I do the full race report! Sadly, pictures might be limited, as we seem to have a corrupt memory card. :( Saved a few. Might be able to get more up.

9 comments:

  1. :) Congratulations to both you and Spud on sucessful first tris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job by both of you!! ...and that 27:36 5k a the end??WOOOT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!

    My fastest run times are in tris. I have no idea how that happens, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Deb and Spud!!! Can't wait for the full race recap.
    You must share your secret of how you shaved 2.5 minutes off your 5k time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your first tri!!! I can't wait to hear the full race report. And amazing job on the 5k portion!! So jealous of your time!

    Glad your son enjoyed his race too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krissy Jake-SmithJune 5, 2011 at 8:32 PM

    So thrilled for you and proud of you! I can't wait to hear all the details!

    Way to go to Sebastian as well! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Saucesome! I'm so happy it went so well! Nice PR.

    Congrats to Spud on a great race and that awesome medal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss this!!!!! Congrats to both of you! I can't wait for the full race report!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOOO happy for you Deb! Congrats on an amazing race! I can't wait to cheer you on in Banff!!

    ReplyDelete