Thursday, August 4, 2011

Three things Thursday

1. I'm currently getting ready for our annual backpacking trip!

Tomorrow morning, my husband and I are leaving the kids behind with their grandparents. Then we're driving into the rockies, and hiking away from civilization for three days. I'm super excited. We're doing the iceline and whaleback trails in Yoho, which should be pretty amazing.

2. I'm really considering a race next year that has 70.3 in the name...

This past weekend, the Calgary 70.3 race came through town. I felt so much excitement in the lead up to it. Two weeks ago, I joined a swim and bike group where most of the triathletes were doing the race. I talked to a couple people at the pool. Then, yesterday, I noticed that the local paper published the names of all the Cochrane triathletes that participated. I think I should get my name in the paper next year...

3. I have concluded that my bike shorts suck.

Despite my new bike fit, I wasn't super comfortable on my last bike ride. The reason? My bike shorts. They're just $40 shorts from MEC, and I think this is a good example of "you get what you pay for". My tri shorts are way more comfortable to ride in, and that's considering they have minimal padding.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh our weekend are going to be similar! We're leaving the kids with the grandparents too, but we're going portaging in Algonquin park.

    definitely post some pics when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This means I have been reading your blog for one year!! One of your first posts I read was about your backpacking trip last year!! You have come so far in such a short time!

    Have a great time!

    I think you should go for the 70.3 next year! One year I WILL do it!

    My bike shorts are from MEC and they are pretty comfy. I do find that body glide and going sans underwear helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend! I will look forward to following your progress over the next year...if I survive my first 70.3 this weekend. :)

    On the shorts I think sometimes more padding equals less comfort.

    ReplyDelete