Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trigger pulled

In reference to yesterday's post, you all knew I would do it right? That's what I love about the blogosphere. I knew it was a step I needed to take. Posting my hesitation publicly means I'll get the encouragement to follow through, and you all didn't disappoint. :) Thanks.

So, I'm signed up for the last chance half marathon in Calgary, on November 13.

Keith, thanks for the suggestion of Fernie, but it's only three weeks after my Oly triathlon (this year's "a" race). I want up to a week to be lazy after the tri and then plenty of time to build mileage before the half marathon. I will keep it in mind for future years though.

Does anyone else have a list of races that they would like to do eventually, but for whatever reason haven't managed to fit in yet?

This week is looking good, and it's easy to fit my training in. With the kids at half day daycamp, I can get all my bikes and runs in during that day. I only have to fit my swims in elsewhere (since there is no lane swim during the time they're at day camp). I'm also getting at least one lake swim in this week, at a cold lake, which will help prepare me for the cold lake swim I'm doing in September...

So, I'm feeling good. I'm doing another sprint (pool) triathlon this weekend. No taper for it, since it's too close to my Oly. But, I'm hoping to have fun and maybe iron out some of my transition and pacing kinks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are signed up! You have plenty of time to get where you want to be in terms of speed for that race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on signing up!!! You will be more than ready for it and I don't doubt you will blow your HM PR out of the water!

    ReplyDelete