Thursday, September 1, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. My pool is now closed.

There is a seasonal closure every year from the end of August until the third week of September.  Overall, it seems like an okay time of year to do it: kids are back in school and most triathlons are done.  BUT it inconveniences me this year.  With my final triathlon of the season and my "A" race coming up on September 10, I can't go without swimming that long.  Looks like I'll be driving into the city for a few swims, and I'm planning on getting a bit of open water time this weekend.  After Sept 10, I'll take a short break from swimming until it reopens Sept 19.

2. Summer is over?

Yesterday, on August 30, I actually turned the furnace on for a few hours.  How sad is that?  Having said that, today is a much nicer day, and the forecast is looking good for the rest of the week.  The current 14 day trend is showing a sunny high of 21c (70f) and low of 9c (48f) for race day in Banff.  Things can still change, but so far, that looks promising...

3. Want to read an inspirational race report?

Seriously, you should head over and read this one.  Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the pool, here I had to swim in the sea too. We have 4 swimming pools in the city but in summer are closed for the athletes or open in impossible hours.
    Yes, summer has gone but the heat is the same. However in early morning and in the evening we can run with less problems (cooler temperature and shadow).
    Enjoy this week end.

    ReplyDelete