Thursday, December 1, 2011

Running - cheaper then therapy

Does anyone else have a tendency to blow life's events out of proportion?  I know I do.  I got some unsettling (though totally expected) news last night and and I was having trouble processing it.  You know how your mind starts running worst case scenario-type things.  No good reason for it.  Just the way I roll sometimes.

I went for a run.  It wasn't a fast run.  It wasn't even a particularly long run.  I had no goals other then to run.  The first 10 minutes, I didn't even like it.  I wanted to stop.  Then I got into my zone.  It's like, sometimes, things go in circles in your head.  You keep repeating the same problems over and over, and go around and around.  But, when I run, I mentally resolve things.  Whether I come to a solution, or I accept the lack of a current solution, it lets me stop dwelling.

Yet another reason to run.

Yesterday's HBBC points: 1 (f/v)
Today's HBBC points: 6 (8km/5mi run + f/v)
Week to date: 21
Total: 59
Days of running streak: 1

4 comments:

  1. this is totally why i love to run...i had a stressful day at work, and couldn't run after work and it was the first thing that came to my mind to make myself feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those days today too. My kids got the best of me and I totally lost it - didn't want to run, but I reluctantly did and felt so much better afterwards. Now if that doesn't count as therapy, I don't know what does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding a quiet space is something I struggle with. Im still learning to tune out the world and just run. I would be a mess without running though. People would same so much on therapy costs if they would just exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Running is cheaper than a lot of things and better for you!!

    Sorry to hear you got some bad news. Running has definitely helped me through some tough times.

    ReplyDelete