Thursday, April 5, 2012

PSA: Cheap race registrations (Canada)

If you're like me, the biggest limiter on how often you race might be your wallet rather then ability.  I'd love to do a race every few weeks, but can't justify the fees, especially since most of them would be glorified training days.

For those Canadians out there, MEC is now doing races!  Cheap registration, at $10 for the 5K and 10K distances in Calgary.  I've signed up for the 5K on April 21.  Time to update my personal best on that distance!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that it is so awesome! I wonder if they'll do any here in Vancouver! I totally agree, I love doing the events but it's been an expensive year for me with everything I've already signed up for. Sometimes being part of an event just makes those training runs easier to complete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $10 to train with a bunch of people sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10 race fee... uh, unheard of!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - great tip, thanks! Will keep an eye on their event calendar for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the tip!! definitely going to check tim out!

    ReplyDelete