Sunday, March 17, 2013

Race Day Goals


Today, I am doing my first race since September.  The conditions of cold, wind, possible snow leave something to be desired.  Though, it won't be the worst I've ever raced in.

My goals:

1. DO NOT LET THE UNCONTROLLABLE GET UNDER MY SKIN.

The weather is what it is.  I can't control it.  Somebody might decide to take their 10 minute walk break when I'm right behind them.  I can control myself, but not the conditions or the people around me.

2. Have fun, pace well, finish strong.

I don't know completely how the conditions will affect my race.  The cold isn't the biggest factor.  The wind and the snow might be.  Regardless, I love running.  I'm dressed properly and doing this for fun.  My best pace might differ with the conditions.  I can still pace strongly.

3. Finish under 55:00.

I'm not ready to let this one go yet.  Granted, goal number 1 supercedes this goal if necessary, but today I am still shooting for personal best.

See you on the other side of the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how happy I am that I'm not racing this one! Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete